Always Drink Responsibly

14 February 2013

Local Beer Tastings every Friday at Malt & Vine, Redmond


I realize I left off my launch post with a tease regarding a fabulous mead. Fabulous it is, and I shall blog about that next. Probably tomorrow, maybe Friday. In lieu of the mead, I was searching events for Valentine's day to post but decided to hell with Valentine's, I'm going to mention a weekly beer tasting that's not worth missing! So in lieu of Valentine's, which all the singles are sick of anyway, I give you your best bet for local weekly beer tastings. And you can start this Friday.

Every Friday at the Malt &Vine in Redmond (16851 Redmond Way) from 5:30-7:30 there's a beer tasting from a PAC NW brewer. For a few bucks you can sample locally crafted brews from regional veterans and novices alike. Buy a pint of what you love- better yet, a growler! What better way to taste all that our region has to offer? Certainly worth a trip across Lake Washington, Seattleites!

And more on why I love Malt &Vine - I discovered them after nearly an entire year sober due to pregnancy (how amazing that first sip is after such a long time) and they are, hands down, my favorite beer and wine merchant. They carry a phenomenal selection of imports (the place to go for all that is Belgian!)  as well as Washjngton and Oregon brands. The mead choices are substantial by comparison to other shops and grocers- even a treasured gem of a mead from Poland is available. Buy what you want and take it home, or drink on site from the cooler or tap. In summer, a large patio resides in back. And most importantly- not pretentious! The staff is down to earth and helpful- tell them what you like to drink and they'll have plenty of suggestions for something new to try. With their help I discovered if I were a beer I'd be a Belgian quadrupel! 

This Friday, February 15th - Triplehorn Brewing from Woodinville. 5:30-7:30. Come support this local newcomer!

Gānbēi! 

-Robin